Independence Day!
I am going to say this very quietly, because I don't want my fiance to read it and hold it over my head, and I also don't like getting super political.

I'm something of a libertarian.

So, I consider Independence Day pretty important for us statesiders. It's not because we got away from the Brits, because I love British culture and Britishisms, and I am probably somewhat unhealthily fascinated by British everything (except the food... sorry). It's about revolutions and constitutions and all those things that I think are pretty precious.

I also celebrate Bastille Day for similar reasons.

My dad's birthday is July 4th, and this is the first year I haven't been with him on his birthday, by my own choice. But you know who else has a birthday on July 4th? My best friend, and pocket tank, Fuubaar over at Killing Em Slowly.

She's 42 today, and doesn't look a day over 24. Go wish her a happy birthday!
4 Responses
  1. Klepsacovic Says:

    Are you an anarchist or a market fundamentalist or a pacifist or a social communist or a gun nut or a hippy?


  2. Unknown Says:

    So, I'm 42 huh?

    That would make my mom 12 when she had me. My sister is 4 years older than me so that would make her 8.

    I will disregard this statement to thank you for commenting on my youthful appearance of 24 :)

    You're friends with a 42 year old creepy gamer ;)

    <3 you Betch :P


  3. Inquisitor Says:

    I'm British (although I'd identify as English if asked), and reckon it says something that our national dish is pretty much Chicken Tikka Masala...

    That said, try a proper cream tea (afternoon tea with scones, clotted cream and jam) before you dismiss our taste in food entirely...


  4. @Klepsacovic

    I'm the kind of person who would never tell you. :P

    @Fuubaar

    I hear 42 is the answer to all questions.

    @Inquisitor

    I actually do love my PG Tipps tea. But, sadly, I drink it much like coffee - big cup, very strong, with lots of sugar and (gasp) creamer.

    I have heard of this clotted cream stuff, but never seen it or used it. I'm definitely not an adventurous food person (i'm very picky - it's nothing against British food, honest) so just the name sort of intimidates me... but I think next time I go to the store, I'll see if they have any.

    I do love the biscuits...


Creative Commons License
Miss Medicina by Miss Medicina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at missmedicina.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at missmedicina.blogspot.com.