How I Learned to Use Divine Hymn
I think I've confessed on multiple occasions to my fellow priests that one of my worst healer habits is my neglect of the obscenely powerful Divine Hymn. I believe I also mentioned somewhere that I am going to start forcing myself to use it, even when it's a waste, just to get myself into the habit, and remember where the damn button is.

Then Tamarind over at Righteous Orbs posted his response to the Healer Survey, and responded similarly to the question regarding bad healer habits, except with much cleverer terminology. Since I just can't get enough of his response, I'm quoting it to you for the second time is only a handful of days...

"I’m another divine hymn reprobate. I’ve literally never ever used it.
It’s embarrassing but there never seems to be a situation in which some
other healing spell wouldn’t do the job better. Also it’s just got a
rubbish name. This is a fucking battle, no time for singing!"


Since I can never read that response without laughing and smiling, I finally decided that this is the key to getting myself to use DH.

So I requested the aid of a friend of mine who shakes his head at my complete inability to write any type of macro, and he helped me create my new Divine Hymn macro. Here is is, if you'd like to use it too:

/cast Divine Hymn
/say This is a bloody battle, no time for singing!!!


(I changed it from the f-bomb in case it might upset others who are caught unawares by a cursing priest)

Just for the record, due solely to that macro, I used Diving Hymn about 15 times in one day. Sure, half of those were standing on the fountain in Dalaran, but at least I now know where the button is.

I think that as a tribute to our hilarious priestly RPing comrade on the other side of that giant lake called the Atlantic Ocean (at least, it is for me!), all of us healers should start a Tam-Fad, and make similar Divine Hymn macros. If I see anyone else using this macro, I will know right away that they are either a blogger or a blog-lover!


(psssst, word on the grapevine is that Death Goddess has begun a DPS version of the healing survey. I'm totally ignoring it. No, I refuse to link to it, don't even bother asking. Nyah.)




Powered by ScribeFire.

8 Responses
  1. Sohei Says:

    In the immortal words of Monty Python, "I wish to make a complaint".

    To the best of my understanding, aside from pleading with the Almighty to return mana ... Which is almost macro-worthy in the form of:

    /cast Divine Plea
    /say Saunder falls to his knees and prays to the Almighty for his mana to be returned

    I don't think there is anything in the Pally arsenal that is quite that bad.

    /cast Avenging Wrath
    /say RedBull(TM) gives me wings

    It doesn't have quite the same effect, does it?


  2. This is so awesome! I must make this macro! A friend made naughtyres, and I edited to make it whisper dirty boss quotes to people while I'm rezzing them. ("arise my champion", "come clooooser", "I have such fascinating things to show you", etc) This will fit right in.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Woot woot! i like that jess i will make one that macro of the divine hymn LOL!

    One macro i would like to share too for rezzing people

    /cast Resurrection
    /emote Poke %t by a wooden stick, Are you dead yet?



    LOLx oh well! my bf actually made that both of us play priest its funny everytime he cast and saying that. you can emote it or say it.


  4. Hazmat Says:

    This post makes me want to roll up a priest. :D


  5. Oh, you... Says:

    Curse you. Now I need to add such a macro. But I have no room on my action bars! ARG!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    I too shall use the macro =P It might help me to actually use divine hymn :)


  7. Hinenuitepo Says:

    Well Done, WELL DONE!
    I should do the same type of macro for spells/abilities I don't use often enough.
    Heck, I don't even have a priest, but I want to use your macroed Hymn in Dalaran at the fountain! ;)



    p.s. thanks for the non-link to your non-meme, sister ;) dpsers are apparently not much for blogging but a couple responses so far.


  8. Bati Says:

    As I already said in my meme answer, i do use Divine Hymn in each boss fight (as long in not on CD... and Hurray! 8 min cd) but i do use it in combination with Inner focus. I do suggest to add that to your macro and will ne WIN.
    Specially in arenas... damn that is OP tbh.


Creative Commons License
Miss Medicina by Miss Medicina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at missmedicina.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at missmedicina.blogspot.com.