OT: On the Importance of Laundry Detergent
This has absolutely nothing to do with WoW. Now that my Census job has slowed down considerably, I am very slowly starting to play WoW more... when I'm not glued to Civ IV. Sorry. I've been a Civ kid since... well, since I was a kid playing the original Civ, so, it was inevitable.

This is about how unpleasant it is to be a ridiculously clumsy and absent minded person. I don't know why I don't think before I rush headlong into something. I am just not a patient person. This has been demonstrated countless times via my cooking experiences (setting fire to the kitchen (don't put out a grease fire with water folks!), exploding eggs, nearly gassing myself to death with ammonia + bleach (okay that last one was not actually a cooking exercise per se, but it falls under the realm of household adventure, so whatever)), but I also just have a tendency to not look where I'm going.

I swear that when I was younger I had a much better sense of humor about the whole thing. But now I'm older, and my knees hurt and I'm somewhat unstable on my feet sometimes. I used to laugh every time I faceplanted. Nowadays I don't laugh until much much later.

For instance. A couple of days ago there was a massive BP-esque spill in the laundry room. Apparently the washer was having such a bouncy good time, it knocked the liquid detergent and the laundry basket to the floor, where the detergent proceeded to coat the entire concrete surface. Upon seeing this, instead of analyzing my surroundings carefully, I jumped right in to pick up the laundry basket in a fit of rage (obviously the whole thing was somehow my fiance's fault. Don't ask me how. Significant Others are there to be blamed) and then went sliding across the floor and fell on my ass.

And then immediately checked to make sure that my engagement ring wasn't damaged. Broken legs, concussions, and bruises be damned, HE BOUGHT THIS SHIT AT JARED'S.

"Whoa. You okay?" my ever chivalrous heroic fiance asked from the safety of the other side of the laundry room.
"GO. TO. HELL." I growled. And then I stripped out of my detergent coated jeans, whilst simultaneously doing the electric slide all over the floor.

Clumsy + Enraged + Slippery Surface = Very Funny Two Days Later.

Then I went to try and take a shower. Still covered in liquid detergent, this proved more difficult than I anticipated, as I found the combination of Liquid Tide and, well, Liquid Water provides a very dangerous scenario in an environment that is built of mostly rounded surfaces. The shower turned into a bath, and I pretty much seethed my way through the next 30 minutes of scrubbing.

And then I totally bawled like a baby, and ran straight to the liquor cabinet in my towel.

So, you see, it's not really that much of a role-playing leap that my priest falls off of every ledge in Oculus. I'll bet when she lands into ghost form, the first thing she does is to check and make sure her Ashen Verdict ring is safe.



Powered by ScribeFire.

5 Responses
  1. Redbeard Says:

    So that's the real reason why people don't like The Oculus!


  2. Grimmtooth Says:

    ... and then she breaks out the pony keg.

    Nice to see ya around. :)


  3. Unknown Says:

    Yeah we were attempting to run Molten core when this happened.

    Jessabelle

    *knock knock* Jess? You there?

    Hubby Enters: Umm Jess is down... I repeat jess is down!

    <3 Your Friendly Neighborhood Fuubaar


  4. Shayzani Says:

    The definition of grace, outstanding. =D


  5. Rhii Says:

    You and I could be secretly related...

    I tripped and fell while moving and got a scar... from a cardboard box.

    I also broke my tailbone from falling off the sidewalk.

    And I HATE laundry detergent for just that reason. Did you get it up off the floor? Because I can't ever get it off anything. It's slick for life. :(


Creative Commons License
Miss Medicina by Miss Medicina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at missmedicina.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at missmedicina.blogspot.com.