RP Friday: Even Death Knights Deserve Love
NB: Seriously. It couldn't get any cheesier than this. Too bad! You'll take what you get - and you'll LIKE IT!


It was the eyes that caught me.

I'd always heard that eyes were the windows to one's soul. So I just thought his windows needed a good washing. The truth was, there was no soul to view - but the windows themselves captivated me.

And now here I am, years later, sitting in bed, reading my new book "Repairing Relationships with Circle of Healing", while sitting next to a pretty grumpy death knight. He's yelling at the TV, threatening to send people on over to the "other side" to hang out with Arthas. I roll my eyes and close my book, and decide it's time to start a game we haven't played in a little while.

I turn my big dwarven doe eyes over to him, and say, in the most earnest voice I can muster... "Darf? Honey? Why do you love me?"

He freezes - in that superior way only Death Knights can.

Slowly he turns his head to face me and gives me a suspicious look. "What do you mean 'why do you love me'?"

"Well what are your reasons? What are the details about me that made you fall in love with me?"

"Fall... in love... with... wha?"

".. Are you saying you don't love me? Is that what you're telling me?!" I start to leak wet stuff from my eyes. Now he's starting to panic. I'm evil, I really, truly am.

"Jessabelle... it's not that.. it's just that... Dammit I'm here aren't I? Isn't that enough of an answer?!"

Once he starts getting angry, I know that the game is over, so I lift my face and beam gloriously up at him. "Touche! Guess you're right."

His eyes narrow and he growls at me. That's kinda hot actually, hm. That ghoul needs to go, though.

I know he loves me, even though he is completely incapable of really saying it, or why he feels that way, and half the time of even showing it. I knew what I was getting into from the very beginning. I know his heart is frozen somewhere below Icecrown, and I know he scoffs at the mere concept of "empathy". But I also know that everytime I've tried to leave, he's Death Gripped me right back, pouting and chastising me in indignant rage. He doesn't know how to show love, but he has anger and resentment mastered. Sometimes I just have to fill in the blanks.

How did a healer such as myself end up with this guy anyway?

Well, behind every holy priest is a shadow priest just waiting to be dual specced. I guess I have my darker side too.

"You should stop pouting and turn out the lights, Darf."

"I don't want to go to sleep. I'm not tired, dammit."

"Who said anything about sleep? I'm not tired either."

Another suspicious glare, and then a deep mournful sigh.

"Oh alright. I'll power through it. The baron always told me to 'Suffer Well', after all."

The room goes dark at exactly the same moment my fist makes contact with his shoulder.

I am just a worthless liar
I am just an imbecile
I will only complicate you
Trust in me and fall as well
I will find a center in you
I will chew it up and leave
I will work to elevate you
Just enough to bring you down
2 Responses
  1. M Says:

    lol nice.

    These kinds of posts are for yourself. Four days a week I try to write things that are helpful to others. Friday is my day to just be creative and enjoy what I write. If others enjoy them, that's just icing. :-)


  2. Fallback Says:

    Trust me.

    Mother Mary won't you whisper
    something but what's past and done.

    Trust me.


Creative Commons License
Miss Medicina by Miss Medicina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at missmedicina.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at missmedicina.blogspot.com.