Life of a Chinese Gold Farmer
I ran across this article from the New York Times in a chat a few weeks ago, and as a short little Sunday post, I thought I would share it with you.

The Life of the Chinese Gold Farmer

Of course, by posting this article, I am not saying I approve of gold-selling, or that I disapprove of it. I do, however, find it fascinating.

Ever find yourself wondering what a job farming gold would be like? Sometimes my dedication to the game does feel like a job. Whenever I start to feel like that, I know I need to take a break, and gain a bit of perspective.

I would hate for my fun leisure activity to leave me feeling like a Chinese Gold Farmer!!
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks, I'd never read it before.


  2. Hinenuitepo Says:

    Heh, I think this is a the same article I commented on a while back.

    I agree, the whole thing is fascinating! Work, work, play?

    In any case, the latest item setup in Icecrown is certainly NOT going to discourage gold farmers.

    I'm willing to bet that boe Primordial Saronite alone ends up accounting for millions of dollars spent in real money worldwide over the next few months.


  3. Unknown Says:

    Urgh I read that article a while back and promptly got into an argument with a guildy who was fairly blatant about using powerlevelling services... He swore blind that being cash rich and time poor makes this a 'fair trade'. Nevermind T&C violations, how about humanity...


Creative Commons License
Miss Medicina by Miss Medicina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at missmedicina.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at missmedicina.blogspot.com.