Context Insensitive
I can't wait until the day Google finally invents a way to search for images that actually scans the pixels. About a year ago, I randomly found the picture from which my avatar was cropped via Google Image Search (My source for almost all images on this blog). Unfortunately I misplaced the original picture, and now no matter how hard I search, I cannot find it.


If you ever wondered, the original picture is of Alice (of Wonderland fame) standing on the dead bodies of the Mad Hatter and I believe the March Hare, blowing the smoke from her gun. With the crop, you can only see the smoking gun, so you miss the context. I love the original, because Through the Looking Glass always creeped me out... poor Alice, surrounded by a bunch of weirdos in a world that makes no sense to her - she cannot rectify it to her own understanding of reality.

I love the idea of Alice, in a world gone mad, in a world that does not function the way she knows it should, surrounded by people who do not process things in the way that makes sense to her, finally decides that instead of trying to act the way her new environment suggests she should, says Screw All Ya'll and takes back her own sanity by removing everything that tries to make her feel insane. The image makes me think that at some point she decided she'd had enough of everyone being non-sensical and illogical and finally decided to take control of the situation.

If anyone could find the original, I will be forever indebted to you.

p.s. I don't condone violence. Or shooting people who don't understand you because you're insane. Cheer up, that's what Effexor is for - don't bring daddy's guns to school, kids!
1 Response
  1. Franklin Says:

    Ohhh, I thought that was a self-portrait. I've never seen Alice in Wonderland movies or read any books (?), doubt I'm missing much. :]


Creative Commons License
Miss Medicina by Miss Medicina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at missmedicina.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at missmedicina.blogspot.com.